Deborah Solymar, PhD
Deborah Solymar has extensive experience in writing and editing scientific manuscripts, with a focus on early phase clinical trial publications, including abstracts and posters for conference presentations. She has also drafted and edited grants, academic papers, and workshop reports for researchers at academic institutions, governmental agencies, and biotechnology firms. She has helped coordinate and write university departmental and institution-wide federal grant applications.
As a contract senior writer and editor at Genentech Inc., Dr. Solymar managed the clinical trials publication process in therapeutic areas such as asthma, diabetes, fibrosis, inflammatory bowel disease, and infectious diseases, including COVID-19. Her doctoral work in immunology focused on cell type-specific transcriptional regulation of inflammatory cytokines in Th2 and mast cells.
- BS in Biological Sciences from Stanford University
- PhD in Immunology from Harvard University
- Contract Senior Writer and Editor, Genentech, Inc.
- Clinical trial publications and grants
- Abstracts and posters for conference presentations
- Biotechnology and drug development