Julie Gosse, PhD
Julie Gosse is a scientific writer and consultant with over 12 years of experience advising researchers at universities, biotech companies and nonprofits. At SEN, she serves as managing director and oversees several large client partnerships. She has extensive experience in writing and editing manuscripts and grants, include training, center, and program grants. She has worked across diverse fields, from basic to clinical sciences, and is familiar with numerous funding agencies.
Dr. Gosse has conducted primary research and published first-author manuscripts at top-tier journals such as Science and Nature Genetics. During her undergraduate tenure at MIT, she studied synaptic transmission in the thalamus. Additionally, as a graduate student at UCSF, she applied genetic approaches in C. elegans to investigate the overlap between aging and tumor mechanisms. As a postdoctoral fellow at Genentech, Inc., she studied axonal regeneration following injury to the central nervous system. She also worked at the biotechnology startup Neuronyx, Inc., where she contributed to the development and characterization of a line of human bone marrow-derived stem cells for myocardial infarction and stroke therapies.
- BS in Biology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- PhD in Neuroscience from University of California, San Francisco
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Genentech, Inc.
- Research Associate, Neuronyx, Inc.
- Technician, Electro-Optical Systems, Inc.
- NIH, NSF, and foundation grants, including large center, program, and training grants
- Biotechnology and drug development
- Wide range of disciplines, including biological sciences, clinical research, data science, and physical sciences
- Web design